Dear Church Family,
Yesterday President Trump’s requested that all Americans limit group sizes to 10 or less people for the next 15 days in order to slow the spread of COVID-19. His requests, along with guidelines set forth by our state and county governments, are not demands that we defy God nor deny our faith. Rather, they are requests that we help in slowing the spread of this aggressive and deadly virus. I believe the loving, Christ-like response is to respect and obey our government in these matters. Therefore, we are implementing the following changes:
SUNDAYS, MARCH 22 & 29
- We will not have worship gatherings Sunday, March 22 and 29. Instead, I will have a sermon recorded and set to air at 10:00AM on Facebook and YouTube each Sunday.
- For easy access on Sunday to these video feeds, “Like” us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gfccchurch/, or subscribe to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkumF0nCjih99RE82GfK-yg.
- We have a God-ordained opportunity to be the church and do church in a unique way during such a time as this. Invite friends from church, and neighbors or coworkers to your home on Sunday. Have brunch, watch the sermon, talk real life and invite them to begin following Jesus.
IGNITE YOUTH MINISTRY
- We will not meet Wednesdays, March 18, 25 or April 1.
- We are planning some fun outdoor adventures – stay tuned for more information. Able to help with transportation and/or chaperoning? Please let me know!
- All men’s and women’s ministries will be limited to groups of 10 through March 29.
- I plan to have another update with next steps for us the week of March 30.
- In the meantime, both Don Van Arnam and I are available if there is anything you need. Please feel free to call me at 541-705-7227; or Don at 360-348-1193.
I love you all! Let’s trust God with all our hearts and let’s give ‘em Heaven!