“Through the Power of the Holy Spirit, We Confess That JESUS CHRIST IS LORD To the Glory of GOD THE FATHER” (Philippians 2:11)
Section 1. The Scriptures
We believe in the Divine Inspiration and authority of the Scriptures. Through this authority in the original writings of all parts of the Scriptures and the miraculous guidance of the Holy Spirit, we believe that the Word of God is the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- 2 Timothy 3: 16-17
- 2 Peter 1: 19-21
- Proverbs 30: 5-6
Section 2. The Godhead
We believe in one God, externally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Exodus 20: 2-3
- Matthew 28: 19
Section 3. Man’s Creation and Fall
We believe that:
- man was created in the image of God,
- he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but spiritual death, which is separation from God,
- all human beings are born with a sinful nature and those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in word, thought, and deed.
- Genesis 3: 1-6
- Romans 3: 10-19, 3: 23, 5: 12, 6: 23
Section 4. The Virgin Birth and Deity of Christ
We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, that He was begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is the true God and a true Man.
- Isaiah 7: 14
- Matthew 1: 18-25
- John 1: 14
- Galatians 4: 4
Section 5. The Death of Christ
We believe that:
- Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
- His death was a voluntary and substitutionary sacrifice,
- all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- John 10: 17-18
- 1 Corinthians 15:3
- 2 Corinthians 5: 21
- Romans 5: 8-9
- 1 Peter 1: 18-19
Section 6. The Resurrection of Christ
We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of the Lord Jesus Christ, and of His ascension into heaven and His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.
- 1 Cor. 15
- Acts 1: 9-11
- Hebrews 4; 13-15, 9: 24
- 1 Timothy 2: 5
Section 7. The Second Coming of Christ
We believe in the bodily imminent and pre-millennial return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His church, after which he will come to earth in judgment and with His redeemed, establish His kingdom on the earth.
- John 14: 3
- Titus 2: 11-13
- Matthew 25: 13
- 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18
- Revelation 19-20
Section 8. God’s Salvation and Sovereignty
We believe that:
- salvation is by grace alone, without any merit on the part of man,
- all who repent and by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior are “born again” by the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God,
- this New Birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus,
- this New Birth is instantaneous and not a process
- in the New Birth, the one who is spiritually dead in trespasses and sins is made a partaker of the divine nature and receives eternal life immediately upon accepting Christ,
- this eternal life is the free gift from God,
- this new creation in the believer’s life is brought about by the Holy Spirit in connection with divine truth so as to secure our voluntary evidence to the Gospel,
- this free gift’s proper evidence appears in the holy fruits of repentance, faith and newness of life.
- Ephesians 2: 1-9
- John 1: 12, 3: 3-16
- Acts 20: 21
- Romans 6: 23
- Colossians 2: 13
- 2 Corinthians 5: 17
- 2 Peter 1: 2-4
- Ezekiel 36:25-27
- We believe in the sovereign will and care of our Lord Jesus Christ which involves the dedication of little children and their parent(s) to the Lord, the power of prayer, the healing of the sick, and His mercy and long suffering for all.
- Matthew 8: 17
- James 5: 14
- 2 Peter 3: 8-9
- Romans 8: 11
Section 9. Justification
We believe that the great Gospel blessing which Christ secures for those who believe in Him is Justification. Justification includes the pardon of sin and the gift of eternal life; that it is bestowed not in consideration of any work of righteousness which we have done, but solely through faith in the Redeemer’s blood; that this Justification is an act of God in which He also declares Christ’s righteousness to be the sinner’s very own, His righteousness imputed to us.
- Ephesians 1: 7, 2: 8-9
- Titus 3: 5
- Romans 3: 21-30, 4: 1-25
- 1 Corinthians 5:21
Section 10. Baptism
We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of the believer in water into the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, to show forth in a solemn and beautiful emblem our faith in the crucified, buried and risen Savior, with its effect in our death of sin and resurrection to a new life.
- Matthew 28: 18-20,
- Acts 2: 41-42, 8: 36-39,
- Romans 6: 4-5
Section 11. The Lord’s Supper
We believe that the bread and wine used in the ordinance of the Lord’s Supper commemorates the broken body and shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ in death. This service shall be frequently observed. Only believers in Christ are to observe this communion: communion always proceeded by solemn self-examination.
- Matthew 26: 26-28
- 1 Corinthians 11: 23-28
Section 12. The Personality of Satan
We believe in the personality of Satan: that he is the unholy god of this age, and the author of all the powers of darkness, and is destined to the judgment of an eternal justice in the lake of fire.
- Matthew 4: 1-3
- 2 Corinthians 4: 4
- Revelation 20: 10
Section 13. Future Resurrection
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust; the just to everlasting conscious blessedness, and the unjust to everlasting conscious punishment.
- John 5: 24-29
- 1 Corinthians 15: 51-53
- Revelation 20: 4-6, 20: 11-15
- Daniel 12:2
Section 14. The Christian Life
We believe in the two natures of the believer – a life of separation from the World, yet a life where we must live actively in the World; that the Great Commission given by Christ to His Church is to evangelize the World, and that this witnessing for Christ is the great mission of the Church.
- Matthew 28: 18-20
- Romans 16: 25-27
Section 15. The Church of Jesus Christ
We believe that the Church Universal is composed of all who have been “born again”. The Church is the Body of Christ, a spiritual organism with Christ as its spiritual Head, and that this work is formed by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. This work began on the day of Pentecost and will continue until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Acts 2: 1-4
- 1 Corinthians 12: 13
- Ephesians 2: 19-20
Section 16. The Local Church
We believe that a local New Testament Church is an assembly of baptized believers, voluntarily associated by covenant of faith and fellowship in the Gospel; observing the ordinances of Christ; governed by His laws; exercising the gifts, rights and privileges invested in them by His Word, that its officers are Elders (Pastors) and Deacons, whose qualifications and duties are defined in the Scriptures.
- 1 and 2 Timothy,
- 1 Peter 5: 1-4,
- Acts 2: 41-42, 20: 17-28